|Killing Floor item|
|M7A3 Medic Gun|
|Alt-fire fires a healing dart|
|Ammo cost (Magazine)||£10|
|Ammo capacity||300 (N/A)|
|Damage||70 ( 30)|
|Rate of fire||0.17 (0.50)|
Values listed in brackets are for alternate (secondary) fire.
“An advanced Horzine prototype assault rifle. Modified to fire healing darts.”
- – Loading screen hint
The M7A3 Medic Gun (or M7A3M) is an assault rifle with a healing dart attachment. It provides the Field Medic with a primary offensive weapon with healing capabilities. The M7A3 was introduced during the Summer Sideshow 2012 event.
Like the MP5M it restores 30 health, however it does over double its damage, making it an extremely useful weapon if it can be afforded.
The values in this table are derived from the SDK. However, they have not gone through extensive testing & therefore may not be 100% accurate.
|Level||Discount||Price||Sale Value||Damage||Magazine Size|
- Consider using this in tandem with other healing tools (the syringe, or another medic gun) for a faster healing rate, since they have separate healing charges.
- Due to its power, this gun makes a very useful primary weapon if it can be afforded.
- Short, controlled bursts are extremely effective. Firing 2-3 shots reliably decapitates specimen such as Husks and Sirens at medium range, and allows for more accurately-placed rounds. With this particular weapon's rate of fire, this should not be that difficult.
- If a more powerful specimen comes speeding in towards you, don't be afraid to empty the mag. Just be aware of where your rounds are flying.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Allows healing from range.
- Good DPS
- More spare magazines than MP7M/MP5M at full ammo
- Holographic sight for easy target acquisition
- Ammo count and healing dart amount shown on gun
- Red dot sight and ammo counter on the weapon turn red when ammo in the magazine is low
- Fires darts fully-automatic (holding down alt-fire rather than tapping repeatedly) rather than semi-automatic as the MP7M and MP5M
- Healing darts recharge slower than MP5M
- Small magazines
- Slow rate of fire
- Extremely high recoil
- Expensive at low perk levels
- Twice the weight of MP7M/MP5M
- The M7A3 may be based on the Kel-Tec RFB (Rifle, Forward Ejecting, Bullpup).
- The M7A3 was the most expensive weapon in the game, costing £7500. Now the most expensive weapon is the Schneidzekk at the price of £10000.
- It has the lowest rate of fire of all fully automatic weapons in Killing Floor. Interestingly enough, all of the other Medic weapons have the highest rates of fire.
- It was originally a weapon in the UT2004 mod "Ballistic Weapons", described as an assault rifle, which was equipped with a scope and different, larger-capacity magazines than the version in Killing Floor.