|Killing Floor item|
|MP5M Medic Gun|
|Alt-fire fires a healing dart|
|Ammo cost (Magazine)||£10|
|Ammo capacity||400 (N/A)|
|Damage||30 ( 30)|
|Rate of fire||0.08 (0.50)|
Values listed in brackets are for alternate (secondary) fire.
“Following on from Horzine's earlier experiments with healing darts, they have now provided the Medic with an MP5 machine pistol, mounting a dart-firing device.”
- – Loading screen hint
The MP5M is an MP5 submachine gun modified for use by Medics. Pressing alt-fire will shoot darts that function just like the Medical syringe, effectively making it a ranged version of said tool. It is generally of no use to other perks due to its low damage and high cost, but if given by a high-level field medic it can still be a cost-effective addition to team healing capability due to its low weight. The MP5M does not share its charge with the Medical syringe or the other medic guns, meaning that if the MP5M is out of charge, players can use their Medical syringe or a different medic gun. The only disadvantage of the MP5M's medical dart is that players cannot heal themselves with it, and are forced to rely on the Medical syringe in an urgency. This weapon generates recoil that will slow the player down if fired while moving; the healing darts do not have this effect.
It is similar in use to the MP7M, although it provides a bigger health boost.
|Level||Discount||Price||Sale Value||Damage||Magazine Size|
- Consider using this in tandem with other healing tools (the syringe, or another medic gun) for a faster healing rate, since they have separate healing charges.
- It is highly advisable to carry at least another weapon to compensate for the MP5M's lackluster offensive power. Popular options include the Lever-action rifle, Hunting Shotgun, Crossbow and Katana among others. It is also possible to pair it with the MP7M and/or M7A3M or Schneidzekk to significantly increase your healing capacity; at high levels, carrying more than one medic gun allows to fire healing darts virtually non-stop.
- This weapon's clear sight and manageable recoil, coupled with its large magazine capacity, make it moderately effective at long range against weaker threats.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Allows healing from range.
- Multiplies your healing capacity, as it doesn't share charge with the Medical syringe.
- Relatively cheap for medics.
- More powerful and controllable than the MP7M.
- Low weight; half of the M7A3M's.
- Easy to aim red dot sight.
- Plenty of backup magazines.
- Healing darts recharge faster than the MP7M and M7A3.
- Has the highest magazine capacity than other mediguns.
- Has a somewhat high rate of fire, with easy control leads to a good use for crowd control.
- Has 50% higher injection potency than MP7M and healing syringe.
- Low damage per shot.
- Slow reload.
- Expensive when off-perked.
- Slower than the MP7M.
- Less stopping power than the M7A3M.
- Fast ROF can lead to frequent reload.
- The MP5M is a H&K MP5A4 modified with the capacity to shoot heal darts, a red dot sight, and a black and dark green color scheme. It appears to possess an integrated underbarrel flashlight, which is not usable in-game.
- The MP5M is the third most expensive weapon in the game, after the M7A3M and Schneidzekk, which cost £7500 and £10000 respectively.
- It was the first gun to receive a healing dart attachment.