For any problems this page fails to resolve, consider closing the game, removing killingfloor.ini and user.ini from the \system\ folder, and relaunch the game. If this still fails, remove the entire \system\ folder and verify the game files to re-download the original files.
Feel free to post your problems on the talk page.
- All my perks are reset and I cannot access my profile and achievements
Solution #1: Close the game and restart Steam - sometimes you will lose connection to the stats server and will need to restart Steam to regain that connection.
Solution #2: Close the game, remove killingfloor.ini from the \system\ folder, and launch the game again - sometimes the game will save settings that prevent perks and achievements from being accessed.
- When I try to launch the game it crashes with this error message (or similar):
Solution: Remove killingfloor.ini from the \system\ folder and launch the game again.
OS: Windows NT 6.0 (Build: 6000)
CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3200 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: No Video
General protection fault!
History: UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free
- When I try to launch the game it tells me that it is missing a file (often Core.dll)
Solution: Verify the game files to download any missing files.
- When I try to connect to a server it simply gets stuck on "Connecting ...press F10 to cancel..."
Solution: Close the game, remove Steam_appid.txt from the \system\ folder, and launch the game again.
- When I try playing the game with <<X>> mod, it crashes.
Solution: Contact the mod author and give them a copy of your killingfloor.log file. It is possible that you are missing files, or that a recent update to the game broke compatibility.